Brandon Sanderson, best-selling epic fantasy novelist, also writes secondary- world fantasy short fiction, like his Hugo Award-winning novella The Emperor’s Soul.
In celebration of BCS #150, we are giving away a gorgeous hardback copy of The Emperor’s Soul, signed to BCS by Mr. Sanderson.
The giveaway is right here in this post. To enter, comment on this post and say what your favorite issue of BCS is, and briefly why. (For the Full Rules, click on ‘Show Hidden Text’ at the end of this post.) That will enter you in a random drawing for the book.
Enter soon, because this giveaway ends Wed. July 2, at midnight PST. This giveaway has ended.
To get you started, here are some highly regarded issues of BCS:
- BCS #99, featuring our 200th story (“How the Wicker Knight Would Not Move” by Chris Willrich)
- BCS #146, featuring our 300th story (“The Lighthouse Keepers” by Nicole M. Taylor)
- BCS #27, our First Anniversary Double-Issue, featuring “The Pirate Captain’s Daughter” by Yoon Ha Lee, a finalist for the WSFA Small Press Award
- BCS #131, our Fifth Anniversary Double-Issue, featuring five stories, including two named to the 2013 Locus Recommended Reading List
- BCS #87, which included “The Castle That Jack Built” by Emily Gilman, a finalist for the World Fantasy Award
- BCS #109, which included “The Telling” by Gregory Norman Bossert, winner of the World Fantasy Award
Plus of course any other issue from BCS #1 to BCS #150!
Full rules for the signed Brandon Sanderson The Emperor’s Soul giveaway:
You must leave your comment on this The Emperor’s Soul Giveaway post. Comments left anywhere else will not enter you in the giveaway.
You must mention an issue of BCS. Comments that do not mention an issue of BCS will not enter you in the giveaway.
You must post your comment before midnight PST on Wed. July 2. Any comments posted after that will not be eligible.
Each person will be entered only once in the random drawing (even if you leave more than one eligible comment).
You must use a valid email address when you submit your comment (otherwise we won’t be able to contact you if you win).
BCS will conduct the random drawing from all eligible entries. The signed copy of The Emperor’s Soul will be mailed to the winner.
BCS is not responsible for comments that get lost or caught in our spam filtering or don’t show up in our system, or email addresses that get garbled or otherwise rendered unusable for contacting an entrant.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Participants are providing information to BCS and Firkin Press and not to Facebook or Twitter or anyone else.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this post or via our Contact page. Good luck!