“The Breath of War,” Aliette de Bodard’s story of society and motherhood in the aftermath of a colonial space war, from BCS #142 Science-Fantasy Month 2 and podcast BCS 121 guest-narrated by Tina Connolly, is a finalist for the Nebula Award for Short Story.
Congratulations!! “The Breath of War” is a great story of character-centered, secondary-world (science) fantasy.
Other Nebula finalists for work in other venues include BCS authors
- Tom Crosshill (“Bearslayer and the Black Knight” in BCS #92 and podcast BCS 080; “Waiting for Number Five” in BCS #40 and podcast BCS 036 and our steampunk anthology Ceaseless Steam)
- Ann Leckie (“Beloved of the Sun” in BCS #54)
- Rachel Swirsky (“Great, Golden Wings” in BCS #28 and podcast BCS 027)
- Sam J. Miller (“Alloy Point” in BCS #163 and podcast BCS 140)
- Matthew Kressel (“Pheth’s Aviary” in BCS #133; “The Suffering Gallery” in BCS #57 and BCS Audio Vault podcast 008: The Suffering Gallery)
Congratulations to them and all the other finalists!